Storrington LTC achieve ClubMark status(February 18, 2009)
Storrington LTC has been awarded LTA ClubMark Accreditation. Tennis Clubmark is a club’s opportunity to be recognised for achieving excellent standards.
Achieving Tennis Clubmark means the LTA endorses and supports Storrington's tennis programme, policies and procedures, action and development planning, and club management. Gaining accreditation has taken 6 months completing a project folder bringing all the club's various areas into line with best practice Storrington became the 11th club in Sussex to achieve this stamp of approval.
Head Coach, Nigel Matthews led the project, completing the folder with the help of other committee members and assistant coach Caroline Goldring. This is good regcognition for the club, benefits include:
- Recognition for the tennis programmes your club is delivering, and endorsement from the LTA
- Recognition by Sport England, through a well known national scheme that spans across a number of sports
- Eligibility to receive LTA funding (includes facility grants and loans and programme funding through HPCs and Satellite clubs)
- Be advertised on the national Clubmark website and the LTA website
- Ability to develop partnerships at a local level - many schools and school sport partnerships are requiring that the clubs they work with must have Tennis Clubmark
- Tennis Clubmark plaque that can be displayed at your club
- Be able to use the Tennis Clubmark logo on your clubs literature
Looking to the future the next step forward for Storrington LTC is to consider whether they want to try to achieve LTA Satellite club status.